Please note: All stories submitted are for independent publishing and will NOT form part of an anthology.
Submit your Xmas stories
We’re searching for short stories that are well written. Independent stories that will fill our readers with the joy of the festive season. It can be fiction or non-fiction. These shorts will be treated like any other worthy ebook we publish with a cover, an ISBN, and featured on Amazon. At the end of December, the best short story qualified by sales, will win $100.00. Wordcount – not more than 11000 words.
Visit our website submission page and submit your short story before October 30th, 2016. Don’t forget to subscribe.
- Submit to our submissions editor via our submissions page. Xmas submission
- Ensure that your story has been edited to professional standards – See our guidelines. Where necessary, an editor will fine tune the work, but that does not mean you may submit raw work. The work must have been edited prior to submission.
- If your story meets our requirements, you will be notified within 2 – four days. Please do not pressurize us for a reply.
- Teenage authors (16-18) will require parental permission to enter their submission into our Youngdudes Imprint. An email must be sent by the parent from his/her work address giving consent. In the email the parent must include the parent’s IP address and the phone number. In the case where a parent works from home, a telephone or mobile number of the parent must be included in the email. We will follow up on the email and verify the IP address and telephone number. Consent via email is legal and binding.
- Submissions are open to all time zones from author ages 16 and up.
- Closing date for submissions is 30 October, 2016. No further submissions will be accepted after this date.
- The best short story per sales, at the end of December, 2016 will win a $100.00 gift voucher from Amazon.
- Winner will be announced by the 5th January 2017. Winner will be paid at the end of January.
- Submissions are accepted via email only.
- School Project Submissions are welcome and will be published by our YoungDudes Imprint. The same rules apply as above, except we will require verification from the class teacher or headmaster via email. IP address and telephone number, and name of school must be included.
- Emails for consent can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Adults need only fill in the form here.
- Writers may submit up to 2 submissions.
- Please subscribe when submitting.
- Submissions accepted will be sent a contract for the work.
- A reminder to please read our FAQ’s.